4 January 2016
The CSE Student Network is a program to help new students adjust to life at CSE.
CSESoc is tasked with running the peer mentoring program.
Undergraduates and Postgraduates volunteer their time to help make these new students feel welcome and supported. This is done through a series of social events and one-to-one meetings. By becoming a Mentor, you will also have your volunteering recognised on your graduation statement (AHEGS).
If you would like to be considered as a new Mentor for Semester 1, 2016, you will need to undergo training that is provided by the UNSW Peer Mentoring service. There are 2 options:
Option 1: Friday, 15th January 9:30am - 3:30pm, OR
Option 2: Friday, 19th February 9:30am - 3:30pm
To participate in one of these sessions, please fill out this form. Previous mentors do not need to attend these sessions, but may choose to do so if they want to freshen up on the skills taught.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 January 2016
Happy New Year! Hope you had an awesome 2015 and wishing you all the best for 2016.
20 December 2015
Camp Leader Applications are now open for First Year Camp 2016!
If you are a super keen CSESoc member, “We Want You” to apply to be a Camp Leader for CSESoc first year camp 2016!
For those of you who don't know much about first year camp, it is an opportunity for the brand new CSE students of 2016 to come out of their shells and make some new friends in CSE, while also assuring that they have a great time in a camp environment. As for what you'll be doing as a camp leader, you'll be responsible for the wellbeing of those students, while also helping with the organisation and running of the camp itself.
For those of you who attended a first year camp during your first year of uni, we hope that you bring back the same enthusiasm you had then as a camp leader for 2016.
Please only apply once using the google form provided.
Applications will close on Tuesday the 5th of January 2016. Best of luck to everybody!
25 November 2015
Join the team in 2016!
Heads applications are now open for 2016. The positions available are as follows:
- Beta head (one position available): Responsible for consolidating material to produce Beta, our fortnightly newsletter.
- Comp Club head (one position available): Responsible for CSESoc’s high-school outreach program to teach students and teachers about computing.
- Dev head (one position available): In charge of CSESoc's development projects, including the website, BARK and issocsopen.com
- Dev space head (one position available): Responsible for facilitating student software projects that use specialised technical equipment (such as the 3D printer)
- Publicity head (one position available): Responsible for producing the promotional material in the society, such as posters and shirts.
- Social head (two positions available): Responsible for organising social gatherings, such as weekly bbq’s and first year camp.
- Student Network head (one position available): Responsible for managing CSESoc’s mentoring program for first year students.
- Talkshops head (one position available): Responsible for working with sponsors to bring tech talks to CSESoc members.
- Workshops head (one position available): Responsible for organising student led workshops.
Full information is available at the CSESoc website: http://csesoc.unsw.edu.au
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday the 7th of December
You're welcome to apply for more than one position, however we ask that you submit one application per position you apply for.
1 November 2015
Good work getting through to the end of semester!
The struggles are almost over and freedom is near. Keep up the good work (or cram to the best of your ability) before these last exams.
We wish you the best of luck!