Current Students (Mentors)
Being a CSE Student Network Mentor is a fun and very rewarding role. Mentors play an important part in helping new CSE students transition into life in CSE and at UNSW. We assign you a few mentees (new CSE students), who you organise to catch up with throughout the semester, and attend fun Student Network events with. It is a fantastic way to expand your own network, get involved in CSESoc, and develop leadership experience.
What it takes to be a Mentor!
- You must be in 2nd year or above, studying a program under the CSE faculty.
- Be committed to attending Student Network events and holding catch ups with your mentees throughout the first 10 weeks of semester. (Approximately 2-3 hrs per week).
- Friendly and be able to make new students feel welcome.
Important to Remember
- Always talk about your "own or friend's experience"
- Don't give Program Advice or Academic assistance (instead direct them to the correct resources, e.g. UNSW Academic Advising, tutor consults, ...)
Sign Up Here! Mentor signups will close 20th February 2018.
Other UNSW Mentoring Programs can be found at UNSW Peer Mentoring.