βeta is a fortnightly newsletter CSESoc puts out, containing the latest and greatest news about computing, UNSW, CSE, and the world that revolves around you, our reader. We co-ordinate with the other teams to find out what's going on with them and report back to you, all in a nicely packaged newsletter.
Of course, a newsletter without articles is like sliced bread without nutella; We need people to help us out by writing articles that CSE students and staff will find interesting.
We have regular meetings, so if you're not sure what you'd write about but are interested in being involved, join us and we'll work with you to figure out what aspect of βeta would be the best fit for you! We’re also looking for editors and print/web layout designers.
Join our passionate editorial team if any of these descriptions matches you. You:
- Love writing, or want to develop your writing skills
- Are passionate about something and want to share your love/knowledge of it
- Have a closet interest in journalism
- Notice and point out grammar/spelling errors in your friends' facebook statuses or love pointing out those mistakes in the Sydney Morning Herald
- Feel unusually excited when your read a well laid out magazine article
- Love typography and could spend hours explaining why your favorite san-serif font is better than helvetica
- Noticed the error in the paragraph above
To get involved with βeta, email email@example.com.
Or login and subscribe to the mailing list.
A quick list of some of the things you can find in βeta:
- Letters to the editor
- Images of the week
- Event listings
- and of course, News!